This paper will describe the analysis, tools, techniques, and processes to enable this upstream bandwidth transformation, focusing on production operationalization of an 85 MHz Mid-Split including:
- How homes may be impacted by a mix of device spectrum capabilities
- Mid-Split activation using SC-QAM and OFDMA
- Existing metrics and tools to assess home health New automation techniques to enable a seamless transition for customers with the activation of new upstream spectrum
- Cross-functional tools and processes for Tech Ops, Care, and Serviceability
- Identify and discuss some of the differences between Mid-Split and High Split (204 MHz), and of DOCSIS 4.0
Widening the upstream to stay ahead of heavy bidirectional consumption is a multi-dimensional topic. Readers will learn about new tools and operational practices that can smooth this transformation.